Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from an initial call with DBT Associates?
After reaching out to us, we will set up an initial phone screening to discuss your therapy needs, and answer any questions you have about our practice. After the initial phone screening to see if our services might be an appropriate treatment for you, we will follow up with you about scheduling an evaluation with one of our clinicians.
Are you currently seeing clients in person?
Philadelphia DBT Associates is conducting all individual and group sessions through telehealth services.
Do you accept insurance?
Philadelphia DBT Associates is considered out of network and does not accept insurance. However, we are able to provide a receipt for potential insurance reimbursement. Please contact your insurance provider for details about your plan, and reimbursement requirements for out-of-network individual and group therapy.
Here are a few helpful questions to discuss with your insurance provider:
1) Do I have out-of-network mental health benefits available?
2) Do my benefits cover individual psychotherapy and group sessions?
3) How much will I be reimbursed?
4) How and where do I submit my receipts for reimbursement?
5) Are sessions with pre-licensed clinicians eligible for reimbursement?